Father of Parkland Shooting Victim Makes Emotional Remarks at WH Listening Session: ‘I’m Pissed’ - All NEWS



Home Top Ad








Thursday, February 22, 2018

Father of Parkland Shooting Victim Makes Emotional Remarks at WH Listening Session: ‘I’m Pissed’

President Donald Trump held a listening session Wednesday to hear the thoughts of students, parents, and other community members on how to prevent school shootings.

Andrew Pollack, whose daughter, Meadow, was one of the 17 people murdered in Parkland last week, had strong opinions about what to do about the issue.

“We go to the airport, I can’t get on a plane with a bottle of water, but some animal can walk into a school and shoot our children,” Pollack said, while three of his sons stood beside him.

“It’s simple. It’s not difficult,” he continued. “We protect airports, we protect concerts, stadiums, embassies, the Department of Education that I walked in today that has a security guard in the elevator. How do you think that makes me feel?”

“How many schools, how many children have to get shot?” he asked.

Pollack talked about his daughter in heartbreaking detail as he continued his speech.

“It should’ve been one school shooting and we should’ve fixed it!” he said. “And I’m pissed, ’cause my daughter I’m not gonna see again… she’s at… King David Cemetery, that’s where I go to see my kid now.”

“Let’s get together, work with the president, and fix the schools,” he added. “That’s it. No other discussions.”

Watch above, via CNN.

[image via screengrab]



from Mediaite http://ift.tt/2GyXpXs

No comments:

Post a Comment