Will Ferrell Reprises George W. Bush in SNL Cold Open: ‘I’m Suddenly Popular AF’ - All NEWS



Home Top Ad








Sunday, January 28, 2018

Will Ferrell Reprises George W. Bush in SNL Cold Open: ‘I’m Suddenly Popular AF’

Will Ferrell returned to SNL this weekend and kicked off the show by reprising his role as George W. Bush.

“Bush” began by acknowledging that he wasn’t really speaking from the real Oval Office but from a set he had built in his basement of his home in Texas where he sometimes pretends he’s still president.

“I don’t know if you’ve seen the news, but according to a new poll, my approval rating is at an all-time high,” Bush said. “That’s right. ‘Donny Q. Trump’ came in and suddenly I’m looking pretty sweet by comparison. At this rate, I might even end up on Mt. Rushmore next to Washington, Lincoln, and I want to say Kensington? I don’t know. But the point is that I’m suddenly popular AF.”

Bush addressed those who today wish he were still our president and wanted to remind them that he “was really bad… like historically not good.”

“So I get why you don’t like the current guy,” Bush continued. “Heck, I voted for Jill Stein all the way.”

He made a few comparisons between his and the Trump presidency, acknowledging the stock market is doing great now and it was “no bueno” when he was president. He also defended Vice President Mike Pence from those who say he’s heartless by saying that his VP Dick Cheney “literally heartless.”

“And Donald J. Trump thinks the media hates him? One time, an Iraqi reporter threw an actual shoe at me!” Bush continued. “He took it off his foot, lobbed it straight at my noggin. Then he gathered himself, took off the other one and tried it again. But you know what they say, ‘Shoe me once, shoe’s on you. Shoe me twice, I’m keeping those shoes.'”

Bush also acknowledged that he and Trump have a lot in common, including winning elections without winning the popular vote, but he noted that that he didn’t use Russia to rig his election, but used “the Supreme Court like Americans.”

Bush was then joined by his Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice (played by Leslie Jones) and sang an updated version of the All in The Family theme song, “Those Were The Days.”

Watch the clip above, via SNL



from Mediaite http://ift.tt/2rGjf8S

No comments:

Post a Comment