Avenatti Reportedly Has Not Ruled Out 2020 Presidential Run Despite Domestic Violence Arrest - All NEWS



Home Top Ad








Friday, November 16, 2018

Avenatti Reportedly Has Not Ruled Out 2020 Presidential Run Despite Domestic Violence Arrest

Stormy Daniels‘ lawyer Michael Avenatti told USA Today on Thursday that despite his arrest for domestic violence he is still considering a 2020 presidential run.

“I’m still considering it,” Avenatti said in a text message to USA Today.

He also said that he will not be intimidated.

“The measure of a person is how they get up when they are knocked down,” Avenatti said.

On Wednesday, Avenatti was arrested for domestic violence and released on bail. He strongly denies any wrongdoing.

Speaking to reporters after his release, Avenatti said this claiming he was actually an advocate of women and insisting he has never struck a woman:

“I have never struck a woman. I never will strike a woman. I have been an advocate for women’s rights my entire career and I’m going to continue to be an advocate. I am not going to be intimidated from stopping what I am doing. I am a father to two beautiful, smart, daughters. I would never disrespect them by touching a woman inappropriately or striking a woman. I am looking forward to a full investigation at which point I am confident that I will be fully exonerated. I also want to thank everyone for their support that has reached out. You know my character. You know me as a man and I appreciate it.”

According to USA Today, the victim has been identified and was visibly injured.

Avenatti’s ex-wives have come to his defense and have claimed he was never abusive and is a “good man.”

While Avenatti is not willing to rule out a 2020 run just yet, he has said his priority is clearing his name and fighting the allegations.



from Mediaite https://ift.tt/2DGD4SM

No comments:

Post a Comment