Broward Sheriff Delivers Spirited Plea to Parkland Survivors at Town Hall: ‘You Will Get it Done’ - All NEWS



Home Top Ad








Thursday, February 22, 2018

Broward Sheriff Delivers Spirited Plea to Parkland Survivors at Town Hall: ‘You Will Get it Done’

Broward Sheriff Scott Israel made a powerful speech before the CNN town hall on school shootings in Sunrise, FL.

Israel began by asking all the Marjory Stoneman Douglas students to stand, and the grief-stricken students were greeted by a round of applause by the rest of the audience.

“On behalf of law enforcement, the Broward Sheriff’s office, and the United States of America, I want say a couple of things about you,” Israel said. “You’re articulate, you’re intelligent. You will not quit.”

“I walked through the crime scene 30 minutes after this horrific killer, this detestable coward, took away 17 of our family members,” Israel continued. “I’ll never forget this. I’ll never forget the vision. It’s embedded in my head.”

“And I walked out of that school… and as Elie Wiesel said, talking about the Holocaust, I said two words to myself. I said, ‘never again.'”

The sheriff proposed a few common sense reforms that may help to bring about change.

“If people won’t stand for sensible gun control laws, if they won’t allow us to spend more money on our mentally ill… My heart goes out to them, but while they are fighting mental illness, they should not have a gun,” he said. “And if elected officials want to run for office but they won’t make decisions to keep us safe, I don’t know what’s going to happen in the rest of the country, but they’re not going to hold office in Broward County, Florida.”

“You have a voice. Stay together. God bless you. God speed. And you will get it done.”

Watch above, via CNN.

[image via screengrab]



from Mediaite http://ift.tt/2GBRPU7

No comments:

Post a Comment